Hearst Castle Now Open for Tours.

Advanced reservations recommended. Face coverings are not currently required, but strongly recommended.

This location, once called the White Oak Terrace, was covered up in 1929 when it proved to be out of step with the rest of the project. Instead of tearing it down, it was simply covered up with a larger more expansive terrace and staircase above. The so nicknamed “hidden terrace” wasn’t discovered until 1975 when State Park staff did some exploratory work under a palm tree.